Sunday, August 13, 2023

Improving Our Health

 It all starts with what we eat. Every physical health problem you have starts with what you eat and what you do all day long. This is not when you through in the towel and just say. It's too late for me. 


Any thing you do at any point in your life can improve your health. Simple things like changing your diet will help you feel better. Walking more stimulates blood flow, so you feel better. These are very small changes you can make that will help you over time. Small changes will matter. 

Changing your diet is the best thing you can do for your health. So many of us just do what's easy. We don't think about nurishing the body. The body will heal it self, it will burn the excess fat and keep you fit. It all starts at an early age. Our parents feed us foods that we like to eat. That's not really the right thing to do. Parents worry that the child isn't eating enough food so they will feed you anything to get you to eat. May years ago when my chilren were small our family doctor told us not to worry, children will eat when they are hungry. When parents force a child to eat on their schedule they are probably overfeeding the child. 

Overfeeding a child is the beginning of overweight problems. Overfeeding will also cause food dependance. That is like an addiction to thing like sugar, that as parents we all have experienced that when raising a child. 

If you have a weight problem, think about your food habits and activity levels and you may discover how the problems began. That is the best way to solve your weight problem and get back to a health body. 

In my case the weight start to pile on when I was in my middle 30s. I didn't really pick up weight while I was working in the trades. But after a bad accident, I was on crouches for almost two years. I couldn't return to the same job. I bought a business and we moved. My activity level was all nothing. I made the mistake of not changing my diet. I was overeating and drinking more beer. I was packing on the pounds. At that age I was strong enough that the extra weight didn't bother me. I didn't realize how the extra 50 pounds was effecting my body. When I was in my 40s it became increasingly difficult to work. I would become tired in the afternoon. I know I had to lose some weight.

My wife and I joined a Health Club. This club had everything. A indoor track, indoor pool, weight room, all different types of machines to strengthen the body. And exercise classes for anyone in any condition. 

That lasted to a couple years but I wasn't seeing any results. I got discouraged and stopped going. I regret that now, we enjoyed playing racquet ball the most. But our lives became more complicated and we didn't have the time for the gym and finally stopped the membership.This is a typical story that I hear from many of my friends. The most common reason for quitting is that you don't see the results.

For overweight people losing body fat is a life long struggle. It's not easy to change your life. To admit that everything you know about taking care of your body is wrong. That your have actually been neglecting your body for years and the road back to good health will take the rest of your life.

Being fit and healthy is worth the effort. Being healthy will put a smile on your face and change you for the better. 

Follow me on X or Twitter @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

 


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment