Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Embrace Vegetarianism


Vegetarianism may help you live longer.

This should in no way suggest that you should abandon meat—or that it's even appropriate or safe for you to do so. But research has shown the principles of vegetarianism may increase life expectancy by overcoming three barriers to good health, namely:

Obesity

The overconsumption of sugar

The consumption of saturated fats found in animal-based foods

By doing so, a person can reduce their risk of aging-related diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and even colon cancer.

Vegetarianism and Longevity

Several studies have linked the non-consumption of meat to a longer life. This includes a 2013 study in JAMA Internal Medicine which tracked 96,469 Seventh-Day Adventists (a religious order that encourages vegetarianism) for five years.

At the end of the study period, the researchers found that females and males in the group who practiced vegetarianism lived 6 and 10 years longer, respectively, than counterparts who ate meat.


I couldn't go without meat either, but I do adhere to this pyramid only eating red meat once a month. Fish and poultry I can eat once a week. And several days a week I go without meat. But I still get protein from protein shakes. I talked to my doctor about protein shakes. He told me to buy Orgain brand protein powder. It's plant-based with mostly pea protein. I been using it for several years. I eat no dairy, except for cheese, I eat cheese about once a week. I know yogurt is on the list of good foods, but I eat yogurt very seldom. I lost 60 pounds and I had to make a lot of changes to do it, and was it worth it, of course, I'm 79 this month and still feel like I'm 40. That ages your body is the extra weight you add over the years plus the lack of exercise.

If you read my post yesterday I talked about the people who live in the Hunza Valley. I talked about the valley, the people, their diet and how long they live. The average age or life expectance was 120 years. Read the post when you have time. It's a short read, but worth it. I also said in an earlier post that science has to idea how long a hiuman can live under the right conditions. That's another good post.

Follow me on X or Twitter @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment