Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Health and Fitness

 There are so many new things happening in health and fitness right now. Social media sites have new posts almost every day. I want to caution you not to listen to all the noise you hear. Most of these announcements are really ads that want you to buy their product. You don't have to spend money to lose weight.     

Some of us are simply going about this the wrong way. The object is really about losing body fat. Don't bother using a scale to see how you're doing. The scale can lie, but a tape measure never lies. If you're losing inches you're doing it the right way. You want the old-school tape measure like a seamstress uses. Don't measure frequently, twice a month is enough. It Takes time to lose an inch. Your jeans maybe a better way to measure gains. 

Losing fat is about burning body fat. I start in the morning by doing some exercise. Because I'm in my 70s and my body is used to exercise. I only work out for 20 or 30 minutes a day. I do stretches and yoga first for about 15 minutes, than some days I use dumbells for about 10 minutes or I bike ride for 1 hour. I only bike once or twice a week. I use the dumbells every other day. Using weighs will build muscle and that means your body will burn more fat. The more muscle mass you have the more fat you burn. That's why a very slim, lean, muscular people can eat more carbs and more fat then a people trying to lose fat. 

Exercise is only a small part of losing fat. The hard part for me was changing my diet and only eating food and drinking things that would help me lose fat. That was hard because I was drinking alcohol every day. Not hard liquor but beer and wine. There are too many calories in alcohol. Yes, you still should count calories. I counted calories for about two weeks. First I counted calories while I was on my old diet. Then after I changed my diet I counted calories for another week. I add all the calories I consume in the week and divide by seven to get the average per day. Then I do the same for the new diet and compare. You have to reduce the calorie count by 600 calories a day to lose weight. It's easy to accomplish, because the new diet should have less carbs and less sugar. 

The average overweight American consumes over 3000 calories a day. Drinks alone are more then 1000 calories. So you might think that just just cutting back on the drink calories will reduce the calorie count and I will lose weight. Yes and no; yes you will lose some weight but you won't be losing body fat. To lose body fat you need to eat food that burn fat. 

I had to change to a diet of protein shakes with plant-based protein and non-dairy milk like soy or almond milk. That's about 30 grams of protein or about of my daily alotment. For lunch I would eat a chicken breast with two vegetables. or beans and one vegetable. I always drink water with a meal. That can be another 30 grams of protein. Some days I vary the meal with a salad with spinach, beans, chicken, chick peas, celery, and maybe beets. This again is high in protein. Be careful what type of salad dressing you use, most of the jar dressings are high in calories. Later in the afternoon, I eat something small like an apple and after that I stop eating. You want to give your system about 6 hours to digest your food before bedtime. 

It will help you reduce calories if you stop drinking calories. There are several brands of zero calorie drinks on the market. Drinking plain water with food is still the best thing you can do for your body. There are several good purification systems on the market or just buy bottled water. 

For those of you who have tried and failed to lose weight or regained the weight, you can get help on the internet, but ebooks might be an easier way. You can spend hours looking through countless websites trying to find the right plan for you. I went that route myself. I did months of research reading everything I could find and nothing I tried work, I always gained the weight back.I found that skimming through ebooks was quicker and easier.

 Follow me on X or Twitter @gertsraymo70369 or @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K. If you are using Amazon you want to get the Kindle app to purchase my book.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “Getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment