Thursday, July 6, 2023

If You Only Need To Lose A few Pounds

Some of us don’t need to diet or lose weight but just get rid of some fat. This is how I did it. Jogging is probably the best way but not all of us can jog because of some other physical problems. But in defense of jogging, it does work. Just today on the news I saw a story about a man who lost over 100 pounds in the past year by jogging every day.

It was almost unbelievable how much he would jog. He said during the week he was jogging about 10 miles a day, but on the weekends he would do his long run, 34 miles. My jaw dropped down to my belt. This guy was 240 pounds right now and could run 34 miles. To me that’s unbelievable, a marathon is only 26 miles. He wants to lose 40 more pounds. I’m sure he can do it. A little advice, if you are over 40 and overweight don’t try this without a coach.

Of course, his coach put him on a special diet. Can you just imagine how much energy it takes to run that far? I’d like to know what kind of diet he’s on. I can guess, it’s a high-carb diet. This would kill a dieter, but if you eat good carbs it will give you the energy you need.

A good diet:

Grass-Fed beef, vegetables, beans, nuts, pasta, and rice. The trick is knowing how much of each group to eat and when to eat. There are several websites for runners like http://active.com

http://runnersworld.com

just google diet for runners and you’ll get a few pages of websites.

But if you can’t run there’s another way to lose fat. Start to look at what you’re eating.  When I tried this it worked for me. I stopped drinking calories except for one small glass of red wine with dinner. Also, I stopped eating dairy and only snacked on walnuts and almonds. Drinking lots of water is a must; I was drinking half a gallon a day. And I had to exercise a little so I walked an extra hour a day. Speed walking is a great exercise for older adults.

If you can’t lose body fat this way, you’re cheating on the diet or not walking every day.

Losing body fat should be your goal. Read up on weight loss and losing body fat. It doesn’t cost money to lose weight. The internet is full of free information.

Checkout my other blogs: 

blogonweight.blogspot.com

howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight.blospot.com

But the quickest and cheapest way is to buy an ebook online and get everything you need in one short read. I have one ebook on Amazon:

How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight

and one on Smashwords.com

Getting To A Healthy Weight

Check out one of them, I think you can find all the info you need and plenty of tips on how I lost my body fat. Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.


Also, follow me on Twitter @gertsraymo70369 to get a link to my latest posts.


If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 


Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment