Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Anyone Can Lose Weight

 

Losing weight is a lot like deciding to stop smoking. If you think about it, Someone trying to lose weight has the same problem as a person trying to quit smoking. Both have an addiction and both people are trying to make a change. Change their lives and kick the habit. With food the addiction is not eating, it’s really the addiction to sugar, sodium, and other chemicals in processed foods.  The addiction will create hunger, but you’re not really hungry you’re going through a type of withdrawal from your addiction. You think you're hungry, so you eat and you feel better, but really you just feed your addiction to sugar or whatever chemical caused the cravings and eating supplies the need and now you feel better. Of course, you probably consumed a few hundred calories.

Losing weight has to start by changing your diet and counting calories. If you change to a fresh diet, eating only fresh foods and changing the times you eat, you can lose weight, it’s not rocket science. When everything I tried, failed, I read this article about eating several small meals instead of the traditional 3 meals a day. It made sense to me and I tried it. A two or three-meal-a-day plan encourages you to overeat.

I was eating 5 meals a day. I had to leave for work early so I started by eating breakfast at 6 a.m. You can’t eat much if you are going to eat every 3 hours. So, I’d eat about 300 calories. Black coffee and a bowl of oatmeal with some fruit. At 9 a.m. I’d eat again, the same amount of calories every time, 300. At noon, I’d have a cheese sandwich with whole-grain bread and a bottle of water. You can vary this any way you’d like. At 3 p.m., I’d have yogurt and fruit and another bottle of water. At 6 p.m., I’d have fish and a salad with lemon and olive oil and iced tea. I like to save my calories for the food and not the drinks. I drink black coffee, iced tea plain or cold water, no calories there. I ate 5 times with a total of 1500 calories. The trick for me is to eat every 3 hours and I was never hungry.  If I needed something before bed, I’d have another yogurt cup.

Where did they ever come up with a plan like this? It's nothing new. Humans millions of years ago would wander the earth from sunrise to sunset the same way animals would wander around all day long. They would look for more food or fresh water. Humans did start farming later in the evolution. Hunting and gathering were the means of survival for many humans and still is practiced in parts of the world today.

The hunting and gathering concept is the idea of only eating a small amount and just keep going. When you need more food, you look for food you can just grab and go.  

I take my food choices from the food pyramid, you can find it online or on my other website: blogonlosingweight.blogspot.com. Anyone can lose weight if they really want to.

Follow me on Twitter @gertsraymo70369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment