Saturday, March 11, 2023

Weight Loss And Working From Home

Many of us have been working from home the last couple of years. Working from home opens the door to many distractions. Distractions that you wouldn't have in the workplace.  It can actually cause stress and added pressure that can change and even hinder your work and your home life. 

I’m one of those staying home and for me it’s tuff staying away from the kitchen. I’m on a maintaining diet and while it’s pretty easy for me because my wife and I both eat the same thing. When there’s only two in the house, we just don’t buy the wrong things. But for a family with children living at home, I think it's almost impossible to work from home and stay on a weight loss diet.

Many of our neighbors and several of my readers are not in the same situation. When there’s 3 or 4 people living under the same roof, maybe it’s your kids, maybe it’s your parents, the diets will vary. I understand that cooking a meal will be challenging. If you’re staying at home now, this is the time to concentrate on making the changes in the household’s diet to accommodate everyone.

Use your time wisely and by using the internet you should be able to create a menu that is healthy for everyone and for those weight loss people, you don’t have to eat some of every dish on the table. You know what you should be eating and those foods like meat and vegetables should always be on the table. Have a variety of vegetables prepared so there’s something for everyone. And if you're the one on a diet, half your plate should be vegetables, one quarter meat, and one quarter rice or something similar.

Because my wife and I are pretty much house bound, we only eat one meal a day. I start the day with plain Greek Yogurt with frozen blueberries. We eat our main meal about 2 pm. At 6 pm I usually eat something lite like a protein shake or an apple.

One of the big challenges now is finding food that you want to buy. Most of the things on the shelves are the things other people don’t want. Looking for the right foods can be a real time consuming and here’s where it will take some work on your part to try and create healthy meals with the food you can find.

If you’re feeding kids remember peanut butter, milk (any milk ever chocolate milk), tuna fish, bread, and fruit (fresh or frozen). Kids love sandwiches and for a hot meal, hamburgers and chips. I wouldn’t buy ice cream. Make jello if they want something sweet. You can add a can of pineapple or dice up an apple.

I would try and keep everyone's diet as simple as possible using the least amount of money possible. Being house bound might last a while. Good Luck, try and stay busy and stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment