Saturday, January 8, 2022

An Inspiring Story

I’ve been writing posts about weight loss, dieting, and exercise for almost 12 years now. Today I want to tell you why I write. 


I’ve had a weight problem most of my life. I think it’s kind of a mid-life thing that most of us go through. My daughter went through a similar period in her life and did gain a lot of body fat after her third child. But then a strange thing happened, instead of retaining the weight in her late 40’s she vowed to lose the weight. I didn’t think she could do it. It’s extremely hard to lose weight for a woman that is turning 50. 

I was able to lose weight when I was in my 50’s and then again in my 60’s and 70’s. I was 220 pounds when I was middle age and all the exercise and dieting I did couldn’t help. I finally started to lose weight when I decided to change my diet. No, I didn’t try a new low-cal diet, I just change what I was eating. I decided to eat healthy instead of eating a lot of restaurant food. Now I weigh 155 and I maintain it by eating the same way.


But let me go back to my daughter, she was never one to exercise. She stayed thin throughout school and ever college. I think when she got married she only weighed 120. But after the second child, it was harder to lose and then she had a third a few years later and after that her weight didn’t change. She was about 165 in her mid-40’s and wanted to lose but nothing worked. 


This really isn’t unusual for a woman but at age 50, she decided to get healthy. I thought to myself “good look”. She started to eat better foods and stayed away from the carbs. It was the beginning of the same battle I went through. At first, she thought if she made a small change in her diet she would start losing but that wasn’t working. We talked about it and I explained that she still had to watch out for the calories. Everything you drink has calories too. Months went by and still to progress. We talked again and I explained that 1200 calories a day may be too many for you to lose weight. When you work at a desk all day and get very little exercise you might have to cut back to 800 calories. Just try it for a few weeks. 


She did and it seemed to work for a while and then she stopped losing. I understand I told her, you hit a plateau. You might stay there for some time just stay with the plan, you might have to cut more calories. I attribute her success to the fact that she never gave up. After almost two years, she dropped below 130 pounds. I couldn’t believe all the newfound energy she had. I think she lost 20 years. I could see that 30 year old again. She’s always smiling, her job doesn’t bother her any longer and she’s more confident. 

I’m very happy that her life is turning out the way she wanted. Dropping weight and getting back to the way you used to be will be the best thing you can do for yourself. Life is hard enough without complicating it with health problems that you can avoid.


Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone. Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.


No comments:

Post a Comment