Friday, May 5, 2017

Losing Your Fat?

If you have been trying to lose weight for any length of time you probably know by now that it's all about losing body fat. Losing body fat will keep you from regaining the weight. There is nothing more discouraging than losing 40 pounds and you're still fat. I've written several posts lately about your diet and that is a big part of weight loss; today I want to write about exercise. First of all, I lost my fat over 3 or 4 months and because I have a small percentage of body fat, now I burn more calories than I did before so I stay thin.
During this 3 month period when I lost my body fat, I basically stopped eating animal fat. That way the body is forced to burn your body fat. 30% of the calories your body burns for energy comes from fat and it's not particular where it get the fat, but if you eating a lot of processed foods it will get the fat from the food your eating. It will always get the calories it needs from the easiest place. The place where it can get what it needs without using any more energy than it has to.  In other words, we have trained our bodies to take the calories it needs from the food we're eating at the time. Not Good, we have to train our bodies to use stored fat first.
Now about the exercise part, we need to exercise because we don't do enough manual labor any longer. And those of us that do manual labor are mostly doing repetitive work which means we only use or always use the same group of muscles and never really use the other ones.
I wanted to burn my body fat as fast as possible, so I read up on the best ways to burn fat. I found that the exercise program HIIT would burn the most fat. I'm not young anymore and I have knee so most of the exercises didn't work for me. I had to find a low-impact exercise that I could use to do interval training.
So what is interval training? It's really called  "high-speed interval training". It's done by doing an exercise at normal speed for about 1 1/2 minutes, then doing the same exercise, speed up and do the exercise as fast as you can for 45 seconds, then at normal speed again for 1 1/2 minutes, then high-speed again for 45 seconds and so on. Repeat this cycle about 8 to 10 times and you're finished. Do this every other day or Monday, Wednesday, Friday and that all you need.
Sounds easy, right? The trick is to find the right routine that you can do. I needed low-impact so I choice the bike. Because of the weather, I bought a stationary bike and put it in front of a TV in my home office. Those of you with a gym membership can use those bikes. After a couple of months doing this, you'll be ready for a spin class.
If you don't have any joint problems, we might want to try sprinting. You walk at a normal pace for a couple minutes to warm-up. Then you sprint about the length of a football field (100 yards), then you walk quickly back to the start, then sprint the same length again and keep up that routine about 8 or 10 times and then walk for about 10 minutes to cool-down and you're done. You can do the same thing on a stairway at work. You can accomplish the same thing doing squats at home. Read up on interval training exercise on the internet; it's the best way I found to burn body fat quickly.
You can tweet me with questions at #ray0369
I write several blogs and e-books, check out some of my other sites.


If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.
There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.
My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. I’ll give you a discount coupon you can use at checkout. (PJ42H) not case-sensitive the price is $1.99 w/coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment