Sunday, May 28, 2017

Are You Fishing For A Better Diet?

I, for one, have been praising the benefits of seafood vs. red meat. I myself only eat poultry and seafood. So am I worried about mercury? Of course, I am. But there are many small fish and other seafood that is very low in mercury and other heavy metals. I found a website last year that published the mercury content of all the different seafood and there is a long list of seafood with very small amounts of mercury. "seafood.edf.org" is the website I used but do a search and you can find others.
I have always promoted seafood because of the Omega-3 that it contains. Our bodies need Omega-3, but you can also find Omega-3 in plants. I'm sure you have heard about the new craze of eating seaweed. Vegetarians are big on seaweed for the Omega-3. Most vegetarians won't eat meat, including fish so they look for plants that have a high percentage of Omega-3 like seaweed.
Getting your nutrition from plants can be the best way if you can consume enough. Most serious vegetarians will grow their own plant food. It's one way to avoid the chemicals in store-bought fruits and vegetables. I don't advocate a vegetarians lifestyle. It's not easy being vegetarian and some vegetarians eat dairy which is a good source of protein.
Protein is the main concern for a vegetarian. If you don't eat meat, how do you get your protein? The body needs about 50 grams of protein each day. You can get all your daily vitamins and minerals without eating meat, but if you're changing to a vegetarian diet it will take some homework on your part. Do your research on the internet and find a good diet you can stick to. Vegetarian diets are very healthy and you will lose weight. The trick is to eat or take supplements to get all your daily required protein, vitamins, and minerals. Stay away from processed or manufactured foods and drink more water.
For more help read the part below about my e-books.
You can tweet me at #ray0369
I write several blogs and ebooks, check out some of my other sites.
If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my Ebooks at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my ebooks.
There are two Ebooks. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my Ebook. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.
My new Ebook is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. I’ll give you a discount coupon you can use at checkout. (PJ42H) not case-sensitive the price is $1.99 w/coupon
ray-gerts_getting-to-a-healthy-weight

No comments:

Post a Comment