Monday, January 18, 2016

The Diet

This is part three of my story. I hope this helps you.
When I was looking for a diet I learned how many different diets there was. It was mind-numbing. I was looking through dozens of different diet plans almost every day. I think most of them wouldn't have worked for me; like the cabbage soup diet. I thought, after all the research I did, I would  create my own diet. At first, I thought I would just cut back. Cut out the ice cream, snacks at night, beer and pizza. And I did lose some weight, but only a few pounds. I was still eating the wrong way. I'm ashamed to same it was a few years before I finally got serious about my weight. I guess it was my doctor and my wife that convinced me that I would be on a cholesterol medication.
At first, I thought I would just cut back. Cut out the ice cream, snacks at night, beer and pizza. And I did lose some weight, but only a few pounds. I was still eating the wrong way. I'm ashamed to same it was a few years before I finally got serious about my weight. I guess it was my doctor and my wife that convinced me that I would be on a cholesterol medication.
My cholesterol was about 180 so I was getting close to the top of the range. Now I know some of you probably don't think that's high, but as you age a high number is more dangerous. So I have to really get radical. I started to eat like a rabbit with a small amount of meat 3 times a week. No processed foods like bacon and just in case you haven't heard, chicken is on the list of processed foods because of all the chemicals the manufacturers pump into poultry to avoid Salmonella poisoning.
I learned through trial and error that I had to cut out dairy. So at the end what worked for me was vegetables, some fruits, and fish. I did eat poultry about twice a week. That was before Chicken became a processed food. Later I found the Mediterranean diet. When you do a search on the internet for The

Mediterranean diet you'll find a long story of the Mediterranean people and the food they ate and how healthy they were. Cancer was almost non-existent. You'll also find a food pyramid that shows what to eat and how often to eat the different choices.

If you follow that diet you don't have to count calories, just follow the food choices, drink mostly water and do the walking. The more you walk the faster you will lose those inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment