Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Sugar is a slow acting killer


Too much sugar makes you gain weight and can harm your health. And you have to be especially careful about how much sugar you eat if you have diabetes.

One of my readers told me he stopped eating anything with sugar or sugar substitutes. After three months he felt like a different person. He will never eat anything with sugar again.

Too much sugar makes you gain weight and can harm your health. And you have to be especially careful about how much sugar you eat if you have diabetes.

Before you read on, I have a reader that told me he quit sugar. I know it's hard to believe a person can quit sugar. It is on every food label I pick up. And chemical additives like artificial sweeteners are even worse. So how did he do that?

The American Heart Association advises:

  • Do not add table sugar, syrup, or honey to cereal, coffee, tea, or pancakes. If you must add sugar, add half the usual amount.
  • Drinking more water and avoiding soda. Opt for sugar-free drinks.
  • Eating canned fruit in water, instead of sugar-laden syrup.
  • Reducing sugar in recipes by at least one-third. Or instead of sugar, use extracts such as lemon, almond, or vanilla.
  • Use unsweetened applesauce in place of sugar.

When an adult adds weight to their body they’re adding fat. It’s so easy to add fat and you don’t even realize it. For instance, if you’re eating a well-balanced meal and then decide to drink a Coke with your dinner, the sugary drink will slow down your metabolism and you will only burn the carbs in your meal and will store more of the fat in the food you’re eating. You must help your body metabolize your food; drinking water or plain tea is the best way.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

















No comments:

Post a Comment