Sunday, May 26, 2024

If you are trying to be a healthier person

Start by doing more walking

Tips for Increasing Your Daily Step Count

Join a community exercise or walking group

Stroll through a new part of your town, a local park or trail, or a different neighborhood

Use a treadmill or indoor track if walking outside isn’t ideal or possible

Skip the elevator and take the stairs

Park your car further away from your destination

Take breaks during the day to do laps around your office, house, or yard

Put on some music and get moving at home, or listen to an audiobook or podcast while puttering around doing chores

While del Pozo Cruz’s study pointed to the 3,800 to 9,800 steps per day as being a possible “sweet spot” for decreasing the risk of cognitive decline, it’s far from an all-or-nothing rule.

What are the positives you get from more walking? I think the best thing is that it will increase blood flow. It's also a good exercise for your heart. A stronger heart will last longer. 

Now I know that some seniors suffer from knee pain so walking is difficult. You still need to walk more. Buy a knee wrap to support the knee. I have two. The one that works the best for me is adjustable. One size fits all. It uses velcro to tighten it. I walk an extra 30 minutes a day. 

Get a step counter, or use a cell phone app to count your steps for you. Most cell phones have a free app that can tell you how far you walk, how many steps you take, and how much time you spend walking.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment