Thursday, April 18, 2024

Why Can't I Lose My Belly Fat ?

 Good Question!! I wrestled with this very thing for years. I didn't realize that the body has to burn calories to create energy for all body functions. The body has choices on what to burn and it always picks the easiest material in the body. Why you might ask. 

Part because the body wants to burn the most calories with the least amount of calories. In other words, the body doesn't want to burn more than necessary to give you the energy you need. The body's main job is to preserve life. So it uses precious calories to burn calories for your energy. Say it has to burn 100 calories because you are walking. It doesn't want to use 20 calories more to create the energy to burn 100 calories. So it picks the easiest way and the best material to burn.

In the case of the average American, the easiest material to burn is sugar. Almost everything we eat contains sugar. Your body will simply wait until you eat something and then take that sugar and burn those calories for energy. The problem is that this type of energy doesn't last very long. In a couple hours, you run out of energy and you become tied.

I had to train my body to burn stored fat. The fat you have in your fat cells. I had to stop eating and drinking sugar. That's not easy, almost everything we eat or drink contains sugar or some form of sugar. Most food or drinks today have food labels and the label tells you what's in the food or drink. But natural sugars are also in fruits and vegetables. You can't avoid all-natural sugars but you can avoid things with a high level of sugar such as apples.

By avoiding as much sugar as possible you will force the body to burn body fat. It will take about 2 weeks for your body to make the change. After that, you will be burning body fat to create energy. You will feel much better and have more energy and you will lose the cravings. 

Another tip, I eat two meals a day about 6 or 7 hours apart, and nothing else all day long. It's called intermittent eating. The 16 or so hours you aren't eating the body keeps burning fat.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment