Monday, April 15, 2024

Skipping Meals Promotes Belly Fat

 Skipping Meals Promotes Belly Fat Storage, Increases Risk For Insulin Resistance

I want to reblog this article because this is a common mistake that everyone makes when they first think about losing weight. I was the same way. When I first began my weight loss journey, I thought If I skipped Lunch I could save all those calories. I will certainly lose weight. Wrong!! I ended up snacking more and eating more at dinner. Dinner is the worst time to eat a big meal. I learned the hard way to eat most of my calories at breakfast and lunch and then skimp on calories at dinner. I had to allow enough time for all my food to digest before nighttime when the body goes into hibernation mode.

The author Justin Caba writes for MedicalDaily.com where you can always find valuable information.

Skipping meals leads to abdominal weight gain. Beginners have a hard time grasping that concept. It’s not usually the amount of food you eat that puts fat on your body. It’s the kind of food you eat. Eating less of a bad diet is still a bad diet and you won’t lose fat. You can lose weight without losing fat, but that’s why people gain the weight back. Too much body fat is different for everyone. Your “body mass” is about 80% of your total weight. The rest is bones and organs and the contents of the digestive system. Your body retains about three days of food. Anyway, if too much of your body mass is stored fat, if the percentage of fat is too high, then losing weight will only cause you to increase the percentage of body fat.

The trick is to forget the scale and find a diet of fresh foods, eat frequently but in small amounts about every three hours 5 or 6 times a day. Get all your meals in before 6:00 and then stop eating. Don’t drink calories and in 3 months you’ll see a difference. When you can reward yourself with a new pair of smaller jeans you’ll start to smile again.

Anyone looking to lose weight knows they have to restrict the amount of calories they consume, but how much and when they restrict those calories can make all the difference. A recent study conducted at Ohio State University has revealed that skipping meals not only leads to abdominal weight gain but can also lead to the development of insulin resistance in the liver. That means the next step for you is diabetes.

“This does support the notion that small meals throughout the day can be helpful for weight loss, though that may not be practical for many people,” said Martha Belury, professor of human nutrition at Ohio State University. “But you definitely don’t want to skip meals to save calories because it sets your body up for larger fluctuations in insulin and glucose and could be setting you up for more fat gain instead of fat loss.”

So, no matter the reason, skipping meals is depriving the body of essential nutrients.

Source: Kliewer K, Ke J, Belury M, et al.

The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment