Friday, September 8, 2023

Summary of My Posts on Living Longer

 I have posted more than once about the fact that science doesn't know how long humans could live under the right conditions. If you can watch the series on Netflix running now called Living to 100. I took the info for my posts from the series. It's about the Blue Zones around the world where a high percentage of people are living over 100. It's a great series and if your interested I can recommend that documentary. 

In North American our average life span is just under 80. Actually it's 77 years for men and 81 years for women. Those numbers are pretty good compared to other countries. That's not a very good average overall. My grandparents were born in the 1880s and lived longer than that. We seem to be going in the wrong direction. Life expectances should be much long considing the wonders of modern medicine. What is the problem?

A big part of the problem is the cost of healthcare. Most seniors are living at poverty level. Because of medical conditions that most seniors have, most are not able to work any longer. And some can't efford to drive either. 

Our healthcare is great in this country if your able to pay for the insurance. Not everyone is. Medicare by it self isn't enought coverage. You can still be stuck with a big bill if all you have is Medicare. Medicaid can be okay if you don't have any serious problems and only need minimum care. Medicare Advantage may be okay if you done have a lot of health problems. 

Living a long life is about staying healthy. If you see the Netflix series you will realize what it takes to be healthy. Those people in the Blue Zones were somewhere between 100 and 109 years old and nobody was in a wheelchair or used a walker. These were healthy, fit people who were still enjoying life. 

Follow me on X, the former twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my lastest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment