Sunday, December 18, 2022

Your Diet Is The Secret To Good Health

I wrote other posts about changing your life if you want to lose weight. You’ve heard about the French and that the French have a diet that would put weight on any American, but they’re thin. Men and women of all ages in France are thinner than Americans on average.

When medical scientists first looked at their diet they thought that the red wine they drank was the answer. These people eat out as much as we do, they don’t even know what low cal means. So how do they do it?  First of all, they walk more. Urban people don’t use cars that much, They walk everywhere. Also, bike riding is more popular, you see gasoline has always been expensive in Europe and people have learned to conserve.

Conserving food is something that France has done since World War II when food was scarce. So today their meal portions are smaller than ours and combine this with the increased amount of walking the French do and it’s much easier for them to control their weight. Also, the French eat real food, fresh food. Fresh locally grown food with an emphasis on poultry and seafood. During all the time I spent in France I didn’t see any processed foods. No Manufactured food. I’m sure the food scene is a little different today, but not that different. You still buy produce at a produce market, seafood from a fish market, meat from a butcher, and bread from a bakery. And from what I remember, there was a lot of competition. The food was excellent, and I gained 10 pounds that summer. I loved the food, I ate like I never ate food before. Then I came back to the states and back to reality.

When I was in France the exchange rate was 10 francs to 1 dollar, great for Americans but expensive for the French. Food for the locals was expensive, maybe that’s why the portions were smaller than our portions.

We should take a lesson from France, they had the same kind of overweight problem and they beat it. Now it’s our turn as Americans to whip the overweight problem in this country. Our overweight problem has caused Health Insurance to escalate to an unaffordable level, to the point where we now have a Health Insurance crisis.

Being overweight and having bad eating habits are the cause of most of our health problems. This is something we can do something about if we try. I learned while I was in school that "you are what you eat", but I didn't really understand the meaning of those words until I was middle age. 

Exercise is important to stay healthy, but it's the foods you eat that affect your weight. Foods will cause you to gain weight or lose weight. The right foods will health your body burn your body fat by turning it into energy. Eating the wrong foods and drinking calories will only cause you to gain more fat. 

Be select about what you eat this holiday season. It's much easier to gain weight than it is to lose weight.

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.


If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 


Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment