Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Doing A Sugar Detox

If you watch the Today Show you probably know that the whole group decided to do a sugar detox for 10 days. My wife happened to be watching the show and she decided she wanted to do it too. So when she wants to do something then I have to do it too. I wasn’t wild about it because you only cut out real sugar, or added sugar. If you ever talked to anyone who did a “real sugar detox”, they give up all sugar and products with sugar.

The first day wasn’t so easy, let’s just say I ate a lot of fruit. The second day was much easier and that’s as far as I got so far. I should mention that most of the people on the Today Show didn’t make 10 days without cheating. That first day you can definitely tell you’re having withdrawals. I had an addiction and didn’t know it.  I don’t really have a lot of extra weight. I’m not a heavy person. For my size, I’m in the middle, not heavy, not lightweight. I watch my diet so why do I have a sugar addiction?

It’s the food additives and restaurant food. We all eat out several times a week. We buy food in the grocery store that’s pre-made. All of us look for any way possible to save a little time. But what’s really the point, do we actually get more work done, or are we just trying to carve out more time to watch TV or surf the internet.

Maybe what I need to do is try to simplify my life by trying not to do so much in one day and what I can do, do those things better, like making meals at home. Making my own meals will save money, and will help me to eat better. Eating better quality food is key to losing body fat.

I read a blog from one of my readers yesterday and she talked about buying groceries. “If you don’t buy it you won’t eat it.” Very true words, so what she is saying is that you need to use your willpower in the store. Most of us buy things out of habit, not necessarily because we want to eat those things but maybe someone in the house wants them. And once it’s in the house sooner or later the temptation will become too great.

A good way to stop buying snack food and other processed foods are first to have a talk with your family. I’m going to start buying fresh foods and making meals and sometimes I’ll be making meals at night for the next day, so if you want to snack do it before you come home because I’m not buying any more junk food or soft drinks.  We’ll snack on fruit, plain popcorn, and nuts and drink things like water or plain carbonated water, ice tea or coffee, and no drinks with sugar.

You’re going to get a lot of complaints but after the first week, you’ll see a change in behavior, a change for the better. The whole idea is to break the sugar habit and reduce the food additives in their diet.  After a while, your family will feel better and have more energy, be more active and start to lose body fat. Without them even knowing, they’ll become healthier and happier, and you might save a little money.

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone.

 Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.






No comments:

Post a Comment