Thursday, June 23, 2022

What to Drink If You Want to Lose Weight

 It’s boring, but everything you read today will tell you about the best thing for you when you’re trying to lose weight, is water, 64 oz. a day.  If you think water is too boring, you have problems. Okay, I know you’re rolling your eyes, but water is really good for you. And people are catching on. In the last 20 years, the sales of bottled water and designer water outsells soda. And if you’re reading financial papers Coke and Pepsi are worried. They’re scrambling to try to recapture share-of-market. That’s what all retail companies live or die by.

There’s hope for those of us who need flavored water if we are to consume 64 oz. You can make flavored water at home. I like Basil, orange water. It’s what I drink if I crave a salty snack, usually mid-afternoon. The taste kills the cravings, and the drink looks beautiful in the glass, so I feel like I’m treating myself. You can find recipes for making flavored water on the internet, pick the ones without calories. You can invent your own. My doctor puts slices of cucumber in a pitcher and then cool it down, it’s great.

Also, I like drinking tea. Hot tea has all the antioxidants, for some reason when you make iced tea you lose the antioxidants, I don’t know why; it’s just what I’ve read. There are some good, flavored teas out there. I’m not talking about the bottled teas; I mean herbal tea that you can buy loose or in tea bags. If you like regular hot tea, I add cinnamon to change the flavor a little. If you’re going on a strict high-protein diet, hot tea is recommended for all three meals. Besides the antioxidants, hot tea is great for digestion.

Isn’t there something else you might ask. Well, if you want to avoid calories there are sodas with no calories, but you have to watch out for the additives. Additives with a chemical name are probably chemicals and maybe you shouldn’t be consuming chemicals. That said, I’ll explain, many of the prepared foods and drinks use the same or similar chemicals which the government doesn’t take into consideration when they tell us it safe to consume. Depending on what you eat, you could be consuming more than the safe level of a chemical. ‘

Example: Anyone who takes vitamins knows that Ds are really good for you, and you should buy the ones with the 3 on the label. The other day I read that you should be taking 1200 IU’s daily, but that 4000 IU’s can be dangerous to your health.  I take 2000 IU’s a day, but how much do I get from my food, and do you know that you also get “vitamin D” from the sun. So how much am I getting from the sun in an average day? And should I be counting the time in sunlight. All good questions, you can see what I’m talking about. Yes, the chemicals in your diet drink might be safe, but at what point or when will I be consuming too much and how much is too much? No one tells us that. And it’s the same with Vitamin D. Some people say that all the sunlight we need is about 20 minutes a day. And believe it or not, some people don’t get 20 minutes a day and if you’re depending on the sun for your “D”you need the sun every day. That’s probably why your doctor says to take 1200 IU’s a day and some doctors will want you to take even more.

Chemicals in your body get absorbed not passed through. And they do accumulate. And some chemicals do cause cancer and you only have to look at your own family to know someone with cancer or someone who’s had cancer. No one can blame all cancer on smoking or air pollution, most cancer is caused by what we eat.

Be careful of what you eat or drink. It’s your body and the doctor can’t fix everything. Drinking plain water will keep toxins moving through the body and keep them from accumulating.

 Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment