Saturday, March 23, 2019

About Me

I often get this question, "Why do you write about weight loss?" So I'll give you the whole story. I wanted to write after I retired from a long stretch about 45 years working. I think it was just the idea of have something to do and I always wanted to write but never found the time.

I read several books on writing and most of them encouraged the writer to write about something he loved and had a lot to say about the subject. The first thing that came to mind was "travel". I've been to more than 40 countries with my wife and I thought I had enough to start a travel blog and I did and I wrote for several months and then just ran out of words.

I stopped writing for a while and than thought about changing the topic. What else did I know enough about to blog on the subject. It was my wife that suggested I write about weight loss. After all, I have as much knowledge on the subject as most and it was a subject I was passionate about. I knew I'd have to do a lot of research on the subject, after all I lost my weight over years of trial and error and yes I did lose over 60 pounds and kept it off, but I've made mistakes along the way. Mistakes that cost me hundreds. So I wanted to write the blog to help my readers avoid the mistakes I made.

Some of the more important things I learned over the years is that my weight loss goal should have been to lose body fat, to eat less, and to eat better, healthier foods. I spent a lot of money on gym memberships and pills that I didn't need when all I had to do was change the way I was eating and what I was eating. It took me a long time to realize that you can't burn off your fat by exercising. You should do moderate exercise when your trying to lose weight, but a total of 6
extra hours of walking a week on top of your normal routine might be enough to boost weight loss.

It's your body's job to burn body fat. When you eat the right foods your body will burn your body fat for fuel and over time you lose fat and lose weight. I spent too much time worrying about what the scale said, when I should have been using a tape measure to see if I was losing inches.

Muscle per square inch weighes more than fat per square inch, so if your not feeding your muscle and your muscle tissue gets flabby your body will burn that flabby muscle rather than body fat. The body will always pick the easiest way to fuel the body and if you're not using all your muscles the body will use the unused muscle as fuel because it's easier. By easier I mean in order for the body to burn calories it has to use up calories. The body wants to burn the most calories for fuel with the lest amount of effort. In other words, the effort the body uses to create energy for the body to function will take energy and it gets energy by burning calories. So lets say the body has to supply 1000 calories of fuel and it will take 200 calories of fuel to produce 1000 calories for body functions. Now the body needs 1200 calories. But if your body can find flabby muscle to create energy it might only take 1100 calories to do the same thing. The body will always pick the easiest way of producing the needed calories because that will save energy.

You can learn more about weight loss in one of my ebooks. If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment