Friday, July 10, 2015

About Fitness Trackers

These trackers are also called "activity monitors”, it depends on the manufacturer. If you make the decision to use a tracker, it’s important you wear it everyday and log in all the data it requires. Many people have a drawn full of these and never wear them or only wear them when they work-out. Using a monitor or tracker is a no-brainer for the dieter who is new at dieting or for someone who has little or no luck before with diets.

I like mine and I wear it 24/7 because it monitors my sleep, my diet and my activity. It helps me to stay focused. It’s a constant reminder when I’m working, to get up and walk around occasionally, when I’m watching TV that maybe I should be doing simple exercises during a commercial. And when I’m eating or ordering food that I have to watch what I eat. Yes, I enter all the info, but besides that it’s a constant reminder just being on my wrist that I’m trying to lose weight.  It keeps me from cheating. 

So yes, it works for me. Mine uses bluetooth to download info to my laptop so I can track the progress or the lack of. It let’s me know how I’m doing so I don’t have to be an exercise guru to know if I have to adjust my weight loss plan.

If you have trouble using your tracker don’t give up on it. You just need to learn how to use it better so you get your money’s worth and reach your goal.

I like the trackers that have a smartphone app to log in your meals and workout. The best way to use a food log is to log in your food before you eat. That stops me from eating more then I intended. I log in my meals for the day the night before and do it after dinner, when your not hungry. When you finish, check the total calories so you stay within your limit. 

Another thing I do is to only eat portions that I can find on the charts, and only eat the food that’s recommended. Pick a plan you can stick with. I stay away from fad diets. After a couple weeks, I’ve usually had enough. Pick a plan you can stick with for the long term. You probably know by now that making your own meals is best. This way you know that everything in your food is good and nutritious. When you’re trying to cut calories, you want everything you eat to give you nutrition and energy. It has to been foods that the body will use. If you can’t process what your eating it will go straight into the fat cells. You want the food you eat to be processed for energy. 

It's also easy to skip needless snacks and high calorie treats when you know that you have a satisfying, diet-friendly meal planned for later.
Some activity trackers don't come with a food log. If you want to lose weight, you need this feature. So connect your device with MyFitnessPalCalorieCount or another food app to use the food diary features.

Some fitness tracker users wear their monitor during exercise so that the exercise steps count toward their daily step goal. That's not a bad idea. But it's a bad idea if you want to lose weight.
There are two ways that we burn extra calories throughout the day: exercise activity and non-exercise activity. To lose weight faster you need to maximize both of these numbers. That means you need to burn calories from exercise and calories from non-exercise steps.
Some fitness tracker users wear their monitor during exercise so that the exercise steps count toward their daily step goal. That's not a bad idea. But it's a bad idea if you want to lose weight.
There are two ways that we burn extra calories throughout the day: exercise activity and non-exercise activity. To lose weight faster you need to maximize both of these numbers. That means you need to burn calories from exercise and calories from non-exercise steps.
If you're not getting enough sleep, you may eat more the next day out of fatigue. Poor sleep can also reduce the number of calories you burn from activity throughout the day. If that is the case, and if you can make reasonable changes to get a better night's sleep then keep the sleep data in your dashboard. If not, then delete it and focus on the numbers that matter more. 
If you want to lose weight with an activity tracker, you need to wear it every day. That means you wear it even on your lazy days, your "off" days and days when you don't plan to follow any of your exercise or diet rules.  Those days matter more than your "on" days.
If you only gather information on the days when you're perfect, you'll never learn how to address the obstacles that stand in the way of your weight loss goals.
Some dieters find the comparisons to others to be intimidating.   Others find ways to cheat the system to become more competitive and "win" their challenge. 
Remember, your fitness tracker can only be useful if you gather accurate data and if you can use the data to change your behavior and lose weight. The data alone, the wristband alone and the app alone do nothing to help you lose weight. So pick and choose the information you use and make smart changes to reach your weight loss goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment