Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Post From A Hungry Women

I reblogged this from one of my readers. She writes a good post on a subject that we all need to pay more attention to. Let me know what you think.
So I have decided that…I am going to start my diet…tomorrow.  I have assigned an official start date, in writing!
Now, this is going to be a little bit more difficult, as I am still in holiday mode but I just want to feel good about myself… that is all.
I am not egotistic or suffer from vanity (clearly). Looking HOT would be great but it is way down on my priority list. I want to FEEL good…it has nothing to do with how I look. I just want to have confidence. I want to not care what anyone else things about me. If I feel happy in a black plastic bag then damn it I want to wear that black plastic bag with pride. I think we have all at some point started a diet and within a few days we are thinking “Damn – I feel good” and although the dress may be a size 20-22 we feel different.
That is what I want. I want that feeling EVERY SINGLE day.
Lately, there are a lot of people saying that you should be big and proud and that big confident woman are an inspiration to us all. I am a big woman and I completely disagree. Of course, if you want to be overweight and feel good about that – then good for you! But the bottom line is it is unhealthy …and is just as unhealthy as an anorexic person. We need to see ourselves in the same bracket as a person with an eating disorder… because we too have an eating disorder. We are no better or no worse but fat people are called lazy and presumed to be unmotivated to change their lives but that is not the truth… we have an addiction.
Now I am not looking for pity. I am just trying to explain the difficulties of having this kind of eating disorder. I know I choose to eat the 10 packets of crisps but in a way… it feels like I have no control! You see a “normal” person becomes LESS hungry or LESS interested in food the more they eat. They become SATISFIED. The more I eat; I become hungrier and more interested in food. If I don’t feel stuffed to the brim then I need to keep eating until I can’t possibly eat anything else.
I am really determined that tomorrow will be the answer to all my prayers. That tomorrow I will wake up and finally everything will make perfect sense and this “diet” will be a lifestyle change and I will be a new positive ball of loveliness.

I have great admiration for this women who know that she has a problem and knows she has to fix the problem. She has probably tried several times with little success but she doesn't stop trying. She will succeed, I know it and she knows it.

Not everyone can lose weight the same way. I personally think the Mediterranean diet could help her. You don't have to deprive yourself. No calories to count, just stick to the food pyramid for your food choices.


Spend more time walking. I like the 10,000 steps a day routine. That's enough activity to lose weight. 
The chart above is broken down in 3 parts. It's not a skimpy diet. You can fill-up, but stick to the plan. The bottom half of the pyramid you can eat every day. The walking you should do every day and only water with one glass of wine everyday. The top of the chart you can only eat once a week and meat only once a month. So if you've noticed the emphasis is on carbs. Animal fats are in the diet but only sparingly. The reason this is a heart healthy diet is because the animal fats are the ones that raise your LDL or Bad Cholesterol.

Fats from plants like avocados or olives are good fats and will lower your cholesterol. I know many people who have changed their diet and have been able to get off their medications.

If you really want to lose the extra flab you can get help, I write 4 blogs and I’ve written two E-books. E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of website looking for the material you want.

My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $2.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon.com, BN.com, iBook, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, and Gardner books in the U.K.

My second e-book is available in the same stores. And on smashwords.com. If you use the smashwords' promotional code You can get my second book for $1.99 (TL96R). Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment