Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"How many calories do I need" part 2

Science say that "the more calories you consume, the shorter your life". We should only eat what we need to fuel our bodies. All food has calories, we know that. Calories are a measurement of heat or to burn calories is to create energy for the body to sustain itself. So there's no simple answer to "how many calories do we need?" I'll explain, your organs work 24/7 and they need energy,  even if we weight the same our muscle mass needs energy to sustain itself and even your fat mass needs some energy to sustain itself. Since all of us are different, different size and different amounts of muscle and fat, we all require a different amount of calories to sustain our bodies. Your energy level will also make a difference. Some people move more then others. We walk more, some of us stand more and some of us sit more. Some workout and some of us are Runners. Some of us are too old or too tired to do anything physical. So you can see that some of us can live on 800 calories and some need 1800 calories a day. But if your fully grown and just do moderate workouts you should not need more then 2000 calories a day.

It's not easy to determine how many calories to eat in-order to lose weight. It's a trial and error process. I wrote a post on another site about a girl in another country who struggled with her weight problem until she decided to do something about it. It's not a smooth path to just go cold turkey and change your life, but she decided that the only way to solve her weight problem was to change her ways. She started to cook her own meals and go to the gym. She wasn't doing anything radical, no treadmills or running, but with weight lifting and a gluten free- lactose free diet and four times a week to the gym, she's back in shape and back in the bikini.

When I first started on my journey to lose weight, and believe me it's a journey. I wasn't really committed. I was pushed into losing weight, my family said I was getting too fat. I joined a gym but after several months I didn't lose anything. I did feel bettering I liked to workout. After sweating for a hour I felt healthier, I could breath better, but I was still fat. It wasn't until I changed what I was eating, that I started to lose weight. So I didn't count calories, but I knew I must be eating less. I was eating clean and eating fresh. I tried to only eat white meat and fish, vegetables and fruit. Nuts for a snack and nothing to drink but tea, coffee and water with an occasional glass of wine. I seasoned my food but didn't use any sauces or creams.

I use the food pyramid that I found on the internet to create meals.

Some foods you can eat everyday, some weekly, some monthly. But don't forget to walk. The extra activity will help you to burn more calories. Don't be impatient, you will lose weight over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment