Monday, August 14, 2017

Use It Or Lose It

It's an old proverb that most of us never paid much attention to. But it's  just as true today as ever before. Your body works in real time and if you're not building muscle you're losing muscle. Your body is continually changing. You build the muscles you use and you lose muscle that you're not using.

Most of us think that when we lose weight we lose fat. Not so, you're actually losing a small percentage of fat. You're mostly losing flabby muscle and only about 30% fat. This is the main reason that weight counselors want you to workout to lose weight. By working out you can increase the amount of fat loss and reduce the amount of muscle mass that's lost.
Your body has hundreds of thousands of muscles and we only use a few dozen muscle which means that thousands of your muscles are shrinking and turning to flab and if you don't work-out those muscles you aren't using will shrink and as they get smaller you are gaining flab.

Did you ever wonder why most people have lower back problems? I had lower back pain for years.
I start to exercise to build strength in my core. I did sit-ups, and yoga and now no more back aches. I lost my belly and love-handles and no more pain. Even know I'm a senior, I can play ball with my grandsons, ride my bike and even jog. Exercising will give you your life back. I do some exercise every day. I can't start my day without some exercise. I'll exercise about an hour 3 times a week with lite days in-between. You have to give your muscles 48 hours or so to recover from a hard workout. The other day I do more yoga to stay limber, maybe 20 minutes in the morning while I watch the morning show.

I learned most of this on the internet. There's so much free information I can change my routine every week. As long as you workout with the same intensity, it doesn't matter what you do. Some days I swim, some days I ride a bike, some days I lift weights and some days I do yoga. If you change your routine you actually get better results.

Don't forget to eat better foods and never eat a lot at one time. I nibble all day long, and never eat a regular meal, and I'm never hungry. If I eat a regular meal I get sluggish and tired. I stopped doing that and now I'm more active. I'm back in size 34 pants after about 40 years, I weigh the same as I did in High School and I feel like I'm 35 again.

I'm never going back to that overweight guy who didn't know how to eat real food, snacked every night after dinner, stayed up too late and never wanted to get out of bed.  After I lost that body fat I was a different people and I like this guy.

If you really want to lose the extra flab you can get help, I write 4 blogs and I’ve written two E-books. Read some of my other blog posts.

gettingtoahealthyweight.blog
idropped40pounds.wordpress.com
howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight.blogspot.com

E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of website looking for the material you want.
My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $2.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon.com, BN.com, iBook, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, and Gardner books in the U.K.

My second e-book is available in the same stores. And on smashwords.com. If you use the Smashwords' promotional code You can get my second book for $1.99 (TL96R). Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment