Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Exercise To Lose Fat The Right Way

 Working out burns calories and fat and boosts your metabolism by building muscle. But those trying to lose weight are notorious for overestimating the number of calories they burn and underestimating the amount they take in. Unfortunately, your system is biologically programmed to hold on to extra pounds, says Louis Aronne, M.D., a professor of metabolic research and the director of the Comprehensive Weight Control Center at Weill Cornell Medicine. That means when you start exercising, your body senses the deficit and ramps up its hunger signals, according to a review of weight-loss studies. If you're not diligent, you'll eat everything you burn and then some.

Now that we understand how the body works, we can change the exercises to concentrate on burning fat. I learned the hard way how to do this. You can do this by walking, then running, then walking, alternating about 6 or 7 times. I have bad knees so I used a stationary bike and did the same thing. I alternated speeds on the bike repeatedly, 6 or 7 times.

Sounds easy right, not really. The idea is to start out at a moderate speed for 5 minutes, then increase the speed to the max you can move. That raises your heart rate to double the BPM. Then after 5 minutes, you slow down to a slow speed under you recoup or 5 minutes. Do not stop. Then repeat until you have done 6 or 7 cycles. Each cycle is 10 minutes. At the end don't stop until your BPM has dropped below 100. I repeated this routine 5 days a week.

Don't panic if 5-minute intervals are too long, start out doing 3-minute intervals. The idea is to keep the heart working at the High BPM for more than 30 minutes.

If you change your diet by eating healthier foods and stop drinking calories, I lost about 10 pounds a month. I don't want to deceive you, your diet is very important to weight loss. Exercise won't do it by itself.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment