Thursday, January 11, 2024

About Peanut Butter

 

The Bottom Line: Is Peanut Butter Good for You?

post from VeryWell.com

If eating a small amount of peanut butter helps you to feel full, curb cravings, and eat less throughout the day, then eat it!  The protein in peanut butter will help you maintain muscle as well.  But if you are struggling to slim down and peanut butter is on your daily menu, then you may want to dump it and choose other sources of lean protein

I want to add something to this post. Healthy foods are not always good for weight loss. Losing weight is still about consuming fewer calories. Most adults with a weight problem generally consume too many carbs. The body does burn carbs but the average American diet has 2 or 3 times the recommended amount of carbs. 

So what foods are considered carbs? 

any foods made with flour

Alcohol of any kind

vegetables

fruit

rice

potatoes

nuts and yes, peanut butter

chocolate or any other type of candy

That's the big ones or the most popular ones.

Remember, if you want to lose weight, negative energy balance matters most in the end. There are no magical superfoods that can help you slim down without making adjustments to your calorie intake and your caloric expenditure.  Peanut butter is no exception.  If you like nuts and want to reap their heart-healthy benefits, eat a single serving of almonds.  The calorie count is slightly lower and won’t consume added trans fat or sugar.

I have lost my excess fat so I can eat things that are not on a weight-loss diet. You don't have to starve to lose weight or fat, but you do have to change the foods you eat. My average day now is more like 1600 calories a day. I start with a protein shake for breakfast, A larger meal for lunch, fish or chicken will a salad or vegetable. I drink water with all my meals. I snack on foods like carrots, or any raw vegetable. I have another meal in the late afternoon, I might have another chicken breast and vegetables. 

Chicken breast and turkey breast are low in calories and fat and high in protein, excellent for diets. green vegetables are best for dieting. Dairy is a good source of protein but not good for diets. Dairy foods contain animal fat, not good. You can buy non-fat dairy if you wish. 

Remember that just because foods are organic or grass-fed like some beef or pork it doesn't mean it's good for a weight loss diet. 

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment