Monday, December 4, 2023

Do Some Research

I tried for years to lose my body fat but never succeeded until I got serious and started to read about the body and how it works. I found that losing weight isn't going to rid my body of the growing about of flab around my waist. Back in those days everyone was buying tablets and downloading books from Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I was one of those guys. I found a big selection of books on fitness and weight loss, but most of the ebooks wanted you to buy something. 

I wasn't really interested in spending money and back then the payment methods weren't that safe. So I kept looking and I decided that maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I heard about WebMD and found some good stuff. I read about actual studies done and results they found. Some of the solutions made sense so I tried one or two and found it might be harder than it looks. After months of searching I found more websites like Mayo Clinic that published more weight loss advice and all of this was completely free. Now I had a half a dozen sites were I could collect good info. 

After years of researching and trying different methods that included diets or exercise or both and after I had lost most of my body fat, I decided that I too am probably an expert on the subject and should write an e-book. But first, I should collect enough information to complete an e-book. I decided I needed 30,000 words to complete an e-book. I did my own editing. I made the mistake of editing the book like I edit my blog posts. I'd stop and edit every paragraph as I went along. Big mistake. It took me almost a year to finish my first book. 

E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of websites looking for the material you want. Because this was my first ebook, I though I had better get some practice writing. I start by blogging. This is my first blog.. If you look through the archives you'll see how long I have worked on this blog. 

My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $3.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon.com, BN.com, iBook, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, and Gardner books in the U.K.

My second e-book is available in some of the same stores. And on smashwords.com. You can get my second book for $3.99 . Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”. Look for my book cover.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment