Monday, June 26, 2023

Is Eating Over Rated

 I ask this question now because Obesity is running ramped. North America may have the most serious problem with their weight. What is causing this severe health problem? Why are Americans looking to food at every opportunity? 

Some doctors believe it could be a food addiction. The foods we buy have a chemical content that can be addictive. Others think it can be a way to relieve stress. We know that as a society North Americans are running the rat race. We have always been pressured to do more, to make more money, to be more productive. 

I believe our eating habits are a combination of chemical dependence, a way to relieve stress, and just bad habits. I examined my habits and found that years ago when I smoked cigarettes I didn't crave food but I did crave cigarettes. I stopped smoking in 1975 after a long stay in a hospital with a broken leg. In the years that followed, I gained almost 50 pounds. I never returned to smoking. For the last 40 years, I battled with my weight. 

I can't deny that during the years I worked my life was stressful, trying to manage my business and my personal life. I did live through those stressful years paying off my debt and getting my girls through college, and it did take a toll on my body. Fortunately, I accomplished my goals before the age of 50. 

After that, I spent a few years traveling deciding what I would do next. I wanted to try the retail busy and spent 13 more years in retail. Because I was debt free the retail business was tiring but much less stressful. It was fun and we did travel a lot to trade shows and had more time for vacations. 

After I sold the store I retired for good. For the first time, I got serious about losing body fat. After trying dozens of different things, I decided the problem was mostly about my choices of food and drinks. You can't exercise away a bad diet. I learned that the hard way. After gym memberships and dozens of exercise videos, I decided I would stop eating everything I had bought. I threw out so much food and drinks and decided all I was going to eat was chicken and green vegetables, and I stopped drinking calories,  

You might think that's hard to do when you eat out every day, but it's not. A good restaurant will always have chicken and some type of green vegetable. My friends asked me if I would get hungry? I asked No, I would eat two dinners about 6 hours apart. I ate as much as I wanted. I usually, made two vegetables. I finished each meal with a cup of tea. Tea will eliminate the food taste and stop the cravings. I like green tea, no cream or sugar, and not too strong. I might drink coffee in the morning but after that it's tea all day. 

I decided that my food cravings were more from an addiction to things like sugar and salt and not because I was hungry. The new diet I was trying, Chicken and vegetables, worked for me. I lost 20 pounds, 175 to 155, in about 2 months. The only exercise I did was some extra walking. I was training my body to burn body fat instead of body fat instead of the food I was eating. It's a method that works time and time again. Some foods add fat to the body and some foods help the body burn your body fat.

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.


Also, follow me on Twitter @gertsraymo70369 to get a link to my latest posts.


If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 


Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 






No comments:

Post a Comment