Friday, October 14, 2022

Wrong Ideas About Losing Weight

 I want to write about the misconceptions most of us have about losing weight. Losing weight is a process that takes many weeks and sometimes even longer. Losing weight is about losing body fat. There is only one way to lose body fat permanently: to get your body to burn body fat to create energy.  

Typically, your body will burn the fats that are in the foods you eat. If you eat more fat than your body needs, your body stores the excess in body cells usually close to the skin. 

Your body burns calories from different food groups to give you the nutrients needed for energy and enrich the blood and repair the body. The three important groups are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. 

The body only burns a small amount of fat a day, like 35 grams. That's only a fraction of an ounce. Burning stored fat takes time, you may only burn one ounce of body fat in a week. 

I had to stop eating fat before my body started to burn stored fat. I had to stop eating dairy and stop drinking milk. I was only eating chicken and green vegetables, some fish, and fruit. 

I never starved myself. I had to stop eating bread, cake, bagels, donuts, and anything else made with white flour. I had to start reading labels. I ate a low-carb, low-fat, low-calorie diet. And the biggest change for me is that I stopped drinking anything with calories. 

The reason so many of us fail in our journey toward weight loss I s that we don't really understand what is necessary to lose weight or body fat. 

I should mention that some diet pills are showing promise but the newest thing for those who have type-2 diabetes is a new drug I heard about that has a strange side effect. You lose body fat while you are taking the injections. The drug is called Wegovy which you take along with a diet plan. Doctors recommending this drug noticed that patients would be losing weight while on this drug. The drug is expensive and may not be covered by your insurance so do some research.  

Being overweight is a major cause of health problems that can be very expensive when you get older. The healthier you are as you age the more money you can save. 

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone.

 Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.






No comments:

Post a Comment