Friday, April 15, 2022

Straight Talk About My Battle With Weight Loss

I was always a chubby kid. Back in preschool, when I look back at photos, I was not thin. At age 16, I was still chubby. In my last year of high school, I had to lose 20 pounds for sports, but due to an injury I was on crutches for several months and I gained most of it back.

When I was 22, I worked construction and lost my chubbiness. For the next 10 years, I worked that job and stayed thin until I was injured. At this point, I weighed about 172 and I smoked, not good. I had to quit the job and quit smoking. After that, I moved to Texas and bought a restaurant. Just a word about that, if you’re trying to lose weight don’t buy a restaurant. Then I wasn’t paying attention to my weight and I gained about 40 pounds over about three years. A few more years passed and we sold the restaurant. By that time I knew I had to lose weight, I was up to 220 pounds.

My wife and I got a membership to a big health club chain, and we both started to eat healthier. I did start to lose weight but I had these plateaus. Places where I would just seem to stall out. And sometimes for several months. It may have been ten years before I got below 180 pounds.

As I got older I know I needed to go lower maybe 170 or even 165. After another 10 years or so, I’m about 172 and I still want to lose more body fat.

Losing weight has been a challenge my whole life, there are no shortcuts or easy ways to slim down. Today, if I gain 3 pounds, I’m working to lose it. Some people can gain weight easily and others never gain weight. I know who I am and I’m watching my diet every day.

I’m about 160 pounds today and I’m very happy being a thin version of myself. I’m much healthier than I’ve been in years. People will tell you that losing weight is about starving yourself, but that’s not true.  I’m never hungry. I learned to eat differently and at first, it was challenging. I eat plenty of food, but I only eat healthy foods. That’s the challenge. Forget about the foods you like and only eat the foods that are good for you.  Learning to eat fresh, that’s the real challenge.

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone.

 Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.





No comments:

Post a Comment