Saturday, March 5, 2022

I Plan My Meals Before I Shop

Before I go to work, while I’m having coffee, I plan dinner. If there’s something in the freezer I need I’ll take it out and put it in the refrigerator. Normally, I remember I always write down the menu and take it with me. If you’re organized enough to do this a day or two ahead then if you’re missing anything from the menu you’ll have time to pick it up.

If you learn to stick to the planned menus then you can actually save money on food. It means a few more trips to the store, but the inventory of groceries around the house will start to shrink. This is a good thing and yes the kids need snacks, but this will give you the opportunity to make some healthy choices. When you wait until the last minute to shop, you don’t have time to make the proper choices, you end up buying anything just to get out quick. I wish I could count the times I nearly got run over going to the checkout line.

Fruit is great snack food, it has sugar but it's good sugar, its natural sugar. It’s all the processed foods that are causing our health problems. Try to avoid processed food. On the morning show, a health guru was talking about the six meals a day plan I wrote about in an earlier post. Maybe some of you thought I was crazy, but it’s true.

Never skip breakfast, but be careful that you’re eating the right thing. Eggs are great, but only one yolk, the rest whites. toast is good, but not white bread or bagels, it’s just empty calories, whole grain bread, and fruit. It’s very important to eat but eat good food and avoid food that does have nutrition. Get something for your food dollar.

Go back and review earlier posts where I discuss the six-meal plan. It won’t hurt to read it over again. There’s a lot of truth in that post. Remember you’re not eating to fill your stomach with things that taste good, you’re eating to give your body enough nutrition until you eat again.

The six-meal-a-day plan wants you to save the calories for solid food and only drink zero-calorie drinks like water. Of course, today we have zero-calorie flavored water that's unsweetened. This new drink has taken over a complete aisle in my grocery store. Five years ago zero-calorie water was sold with a dose of artificial sweeteners. But in this last decade, a company from Wisconsin introduced LaCroix carbonated water. It was flavored water with zero calories and no artificial sweeteners, no carbs, and no sodium. It was flying off the shelves. Now there are hundreds of companies copying their product. No one has to drink soda any longer and the soft drink companies are feeling it. 

The six-meal-a-day plan wants you to consume 300 calories per meal every 3 hours, starting the first half-hour after you get up. I had to make a change to the schedule to fit my schedule, so I cut out the last meal. I'm in bed early and get up early so 5 meals every 3 hours worked better. I could go a little over on the calories per meal like 320 or 330 calories, but I was only eating 5 meals. I was consuming about 1600 or 1650 calories per day and that worked for me. 

The idea behind the diet plan is that it's hard for most of us to digest a large meal. One hundred years ago or maybe longer ago the 3-meal plan would fit into a person's work schedule. This schedule had nothing to do with your health. Science didn't decide that this was the best way to eat, Europeans bought this to America because this was the way they ate growing up. Today, because of the weight problem that most of us have, we understand that eating large meals or consuming a lot of calories at one time only causes problems for your digestive system. 

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone. Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.




No comments:

Post a Comment