Saturday, November 6, 2021

Remember Your Diet When Eating Out

 Eating out is an American pass time, everyone does it. But don’t forget about the healthy diet you have. Too many of us get to the restaurant and see some of their favorite foods on the menu and forget about everything else.

You see those pictures on the menu and want those nachos with extra cheese and peppers or that your favorite pasta dish and you start thinking about how you deserve this. I lost 2 pounds this week and I deserve this. I should be allowed one cheat day, right?

Wrong, you worked hard to lose those two pounds and now you’re willing to throw it all out the window because you saw a picture on the menu and it reminded you of the food you miss so much, so now you’re looking for some excuse to justify ordering this 1200 calorie meal.

The only excuse you can find is “the devil made me do it”. The problem with this slip-up is that it will start a chain reaction that will cause more slip-ups and it will ruin your diet. Think about it; how many times have you started over?

Once you make up your mind that you are going to do this, you are going to become fit, trim, and healthy, you have to start from scratch, and start a healthy food program and exercise and never look back.

So, back to dining out. We all know the best way to lose weight is to only eat the food you make for yourself. Of course, we also know that’s not always possible so we have to devise a plan to eat healthy in restaurants.

I don’t like to think a lot when I go out so I tend to order the same thing. I go with a salad, usually without meat or a shrimp salad. I get the oil and vinegar on the side. They bring me the little bottles, I put salt and pepper and vinegar, no oil. First of all, one tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories and no one stops at one tablespoon. Vinegar has 60 calories. So even with oil and vinegar, you can end up with a 600 or 700 calorie salad without hardly trying. I skip the oil and only use the wine vinegar with salt and pepper. It makes the salad a little tangy, but I like it.

For those how can’t eat salad all the time, I suggest fish, just not fried. Grilled or boiled like crab or lobster is okay. Just pick on the sides, that’s where all the calories are and avoid the bread. The bread they serve in restaurants has been handled a dozen times before you see it. It’s warm because they keep it under a warmer, and never eat the rolls, they get moved from one customer to the next.

So, remember, that you can eat out, just follow a few simple rules. Make up your mind what you’re going to order before you go in. Don’t mull over the menu, it will only get you into trouble. Stay with the same basic foods no matter where you eat. For me, that’s salad or fish or both. If you’re worried about mercury; go on the internet and search “fish with low mercury” and you’ll find a long list.

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 




No comments:

Post a Comment