Saturday, September 21, 2019

What Causes Us To Gain Weight?

Most of us just think it's one of the mysteries of life. Wrong, it's all about your behavior. What you're eating and drinking, and how active you are all day long. Weight gain is all about the way you live your life.

The reason it's so hard to lose weight is because weight creeps up on us. For me it started in my 30's. For some of us it starts in College. You might not realize it but most College students are not very active. In Fact, walking from class to class and walking to the cafeteria might be their only exercise.
Many of our population work in offices and office workers have about the same activity level as students. Many of us and I'm no exception, are literally tied to our computer a big part of the day. Actually the housewife and mother maybe more active than the office-worker, in fact I'm sure of that.
Here is some science for you. After sitting for 20 minutes, your body's metabolism will shut-down and stop burning calories much like when you sleep. It will only burn a few calories to keep the heart pumping and other vital organs working.

I calculated how many hours a day I'm on my feet and I was amazed that many days I'm only on my feet less than 6 hours a day. About one hour walking around the house in the morning before I leave for work. Maybe a total of two hours a day until I get home. So thats three hours so far. When I get home I stay pretty active until I finish dinner and then I'm either in the office reading or on the computer until I change rooms and watch TV until I go to bed. So after work I might get 2 or 3 more hours on my feet for a total of 5 or 6 hours a day.

It wasn't until I retired that I found I was more active than before. Actually, I'm so active now that when I think back, I wonder how I ever found time to work. So getting back to gaining weight. You can understand now how the average person gains weight just by lowering your activity level. Six hours a day on my feet was not enough activity to burn the calories I was eating.

That's the same problem most of us have. Remember how I said before that weight creeps up on us. Okay, and it will work against you. When you gain weight as an adult, it takes the body more energy to function. The bigger you become the more energy your body needs to use just to accomplish the same work. Over time as you increase weight your increasing body fat. Once body fat becomes 30% of your body mass, Your muscle mass becomes a smaller part of total body mass. Your muscle mass burns body fat normally, but after you reach that 30% level of fat, you are slowing down your activity level because your fat is robbing your body of energy. You reach a level where you can no longer be active enough to burn body fat.

I get emails every week about a person who eats like a bird and can't lose weight. Your in a tough place because the body needs energy to burn fat but the food you're eating isn't sufficient for the size of your body. Remember your body fat needs energy just like your muscle mass and now you are running out of the extra energy you need to be more active. You have to lose that body fat by changing your diet. Stop drinking calories and start eating clean. Do some homework and find out how to "eat clean". Your doctor will love this diet; talk to your doctor about changing your diet, your doctor can help.

If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.


No comments:

Post a Comment