Thursday, November 26, 2015

Ah, the Holidays, I love Thanksgiving

It's a great time to get friends and family together, share a holiday meal and give thanks for all we have. It's also hard for those trying to lose weight. 
What I've always done and it works for me. I fill my plate at dinner, not over full but some of everything just so everyone knows I tried all that was on the table. Then after dinner If I can't brush my teeth I always have some strong mint gum with me and I chew gum long enough to change the taste in my mouth. I found that after dinner I don't really like the taste of food in my mouth and I'll go back and pick on sweets or something else just to change that taste in my mouth. 
The gum does that for me and I don't have to pick after dinner. I know I'm not hungry so why did I feel that urge to eat? And finally after years of overeating I figured it out. I was trying to get the taste out of my mouth. I read something about chewing a strong mint gum after dinner and it really works. 
When I try and think back to my younger days, I remember my parents and grandparents would always drink either strong black tea or coffee after dinner. It does the same thing, it removes the taste of food from your mouth, but I prefer the mint gum.
For those Starbucks people I know strong coffee will do the same thing. The whole idea is that you try everything at dinner without gorging yourself and then you stop eating and the gum helps me do that. When the others are having dessert you can try something but watch those calories and remember you don't have to finish your plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment