Saturday, December 9, 2017

It's December, When We All Gain A Little Weight

This is when anyone trying to lose weight has mixed feelings about the Holidays. There just seems to be no way we can avoid gaining weight. We love all the parties and the friends and family we only see on special occasions, but we learn to dread the morning after when we can't believe how much we ate, and how full we feel. It always seems to take a few days to recoup and than we can assess the damage and by that time you have another ocasion to attend.
For me, the Holidays means an extra 10 pounds. I learned to expect the worst. I hate December for that reason. It usually takes me a couple of months to lose that weight. I hate the extra weight, I feel sluggish, tired, and I lose my energy. My clothes don't fit right and I never feel like exercising. When I gain weight, I loss ambition.
The last couple years I learned to combat my ten pound problem. When it starts to get cold, I step-up my workout trying to burn some extra calories. I found that in the cold weather I eat heavier food and I seem to have a bigger appetite.  I know from experience that I can't cut calories by cutting back on food. I cut calories by eating healthier food that has less calories.
How do I do that, you might ask. Easy, I stop eating out,when ever possible. I stick to fresh food and I very careful prepare the food not to add more calories. Remember, you eat to fuel your body. Food is not for enjoyment. Food is not a way to reward yourself. You eat food to create the energy your body needs to stay healthy. If you think your adding fat around your waist, your eating the wrong foods. Adding fat to your body will only slow down the functions your organs are doing to keep you healthy.
It's like a catch-22, you add fat over the Holidays and your body functions slow down a little because of the extra foods your eating and so it's harder for your body to digest what your eating because over the Holidays we all eat things we don't normally eat. And you gain more fat and your body functions slow down more and now the Holidays are over and you try and return to a normal diet but the extra fat you added is making it hard for your body to digest even the foods your eating now. So what is a person to do?
You can do some reading on "healthy eating habits", "a healthy diet", and "exercise to lose weight". All you need can be found on the internet. It's free for most blogs or videos. Some down-loadable books will cost a couple dollars. My ebooks sell for $1.99 or $2.99 depending on the online book store. Ebooks can give you all the info you need to succeed.

If you really want to lose the extra flab you can get help, I write 4 blogs and I’ve written two E-books. Read some of my other blog posts.
Gettingtoahealthyweight.wordpress.com
idropped40pounds.wordpress.com
howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight.blogspot.com
blogonweight.blogspot.com

E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of websites looking for the material you want.
My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $2.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon.com, BN.com, iBook, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, and Gardner books in the U.K.
My second e-book is available in the same stores. And on smashwords.com. If you use the Smashwords promotional code You can get my second book for $1.99 (TL96R). Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment